DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This statement confirms Alison C. Board’s commitment to protect your privacy and to process your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
What personal data we might need and why
Alison may collect, process and store the following examples of personal data on your behalf, although she may, at times, also need other personal information that is not listed here:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your payment information
Alison will only process this information if:
- She has written consent from you, the controller, in the form of a signed contract.
- It is necessary for Jasmine or Richard to carry out her duties
- She needs to carry out her legal and regulatory duties
Protecting personal data
Alison has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect personal data. She will handle and protect the personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
1. Personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully.
2. Personal data will be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purpose(s) and will not be processed in a manner that is not compatible with that purpose(s).
3. Personal data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose(s) for which they are processed.
4. Personal data will be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date.
5. Personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
6. Personal data will be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights outlined in the GDPR.
7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from accidental loss, damage or destruction.
8. Personal data will not be transferred to a country or territory outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) unless Alison can be assured there is an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of the data subjects
Accessing your information (Subject Access Requests)
Under the Act, you are entitled to ask for a copy of the personal information that Alison holds about you and to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected. When you submit a request for your personal information, you are entitled to:
- know what personal information we are processing or have processed;
- why we have processed your personal data − the reason(s) and purpose(s) for the processing of your personal information;
- know if we have shared your personal information and if so, with whom and for what purpose(s).
Requests for your personal information must be submitted to Alison in writing and they must be sent via email to email@example.com or through the post to Downend Farm Studio, 3 Downend Farm, Bushes Road, Stourpaine, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 8SY
For more information
If you have any questions regarding this policy please email Alison via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07807 024194.
TERMS OF SERVICE FOR CLASSES AT DOWNEND FARM STUDIO
Your Class Fee
Your class fee covers tuition from artist Alison C. Board and use of a selection of quality equipment applicable to your session.
Please note, you will need to bring some of your own art materials to use. Once you’ve booked onto a class, a list of materials specific to that class will be available to you. If you need to purchase any materials, you can pre-order them from Alison so they are available to collect and pay for on the day of your class, but please ensure you give Alison at least 14 days notice.
The full course fee is payable on booking to secure your place on a class. Bookings and payment must be made online, unless in exceptional circumstances, but please contact us for future assistance.
Complimentary Refreshments and Dietary Requirements
All of Alison’s students attending class at Downend Farm Studio have access to complimentary teas, coffee and biscuits. If you have a special dietary requirement please let Alison know at least 14 days before your class and she may be able to accommodate, however there is no guarantee.
Reference Photographs and Royalty-Free Images
If you have booked onto a class which requires you to bring your own photographic reference to paint from, please ensure it is royalty-free and/or it has a Creative Commons license.
Parking at Downend Farm Studio
Free parking is available at Downend Farm Studio, but please note it is on grass and gravel and owners park at their own risk; Downend Farm Studio will not accept responsibility for any accident, loss or damage incurred.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR CLASSES AT DOWNEND FARM STUDIO
This policy only applies to Alison’s classes held at Downend Farm Studio. Any classes run at another venue will be subject to different policies.
Cancelling your booking
If you have to cancel your booking, please let Alison know as soon as possible. Your booking will be considered cancelled from the time at which you inform Alison or another employee of Downend Farm Studio of your wish to cancel.
If you cancel more than 30 days prior to your class you are entitled to a refund of 50% of the amount paid for the class. If you cancel less than 30 days before your class, no refund will be given.
To avoid any financial penalties, you can transfer your booking to another person at any time before your class and inform Alison of the change.
Reductions or refunds are not available to students arriving late or leaving their course early.
Cancellation by Alison C. Board
Occasionally, Alison may need to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. If your course is cancelled, you can transfer to another course, subject to availability, at no extra charge, unless the new course has a higher cost in which case you will need to pay any difference. Alternatively, Alison will refund your course fee in full. If you paid for the course using gift vouchers, these will be reinstated from the date of the cancellation.
ONLINE SHOP RETURNS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Alison does not accept returns of any products bought through her online shop. However, if a product is delivered damaged and unusable please contact Alison with an image of the product, including the damage, and she will send a replacement to you. You will not need to return the damaged goods.
Alison does not accept online order cancellations for any reason.
Alison and all associate Downend Farm Studio staff always strive to provide everyone with the best customer experience, however things can go wrong. If you’re not happy with the service or products you have received, please contact Alison.
Complaints will be dealt with as soon as possible. Alison will reply within 24 hours to acknowledge receipt of your complaint, and will then reply within 5 working days with potential solutions. All complaints will be kept confidential.