DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This statement confirms Alison C. Board’s commitment to protect your privacy and to process your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
What personal data we might need and why
Alison may collect, process and store the following examples of personal data on your behalf, although she may, at times, also need other personal information that is not listed here:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your payment information
Alison will only process this information if:
- She has written consent from you, the controller, in the form of a signed contract.
- It is necessary for Jasmine or Richard to carry out her duties
- She needs to carry out her legal and regulatory duties
Protecting personal data
Alison has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect personal data. She will handle and protect the personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
1. Personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully.
2. Personal data will be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purpose(s) and will not be processed in a manner that is not compatible with that purpose(s).
3. Personal data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose(s) for which they are processed.
4. Personal data will be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date.
5. Personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
6. Personal data will be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights outlined in the GDPR.
7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from accidental loss, damage or destruction.
8. Personal data will not be transferred to a country or territory outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) unless Alison can be assured there is an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of the data subjects
Accessing your information (Subject Access Requests)
Under the Act, you are entitled to ask for a copy of the personal information that Alison holds about you and to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected. When you submit a request for your personal information, you are entitled to:
- know what personal information we are processing or have processed;
- why we have processed your personal data − the reason(s) and purpose(s) for the processing of your personal information;
- know if we have shared your personal information and if so, with whom and for what purpose(s).
Requests for your personal information must be submitted to Alison in writing and they must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the post to Downend Farm Studio, 3 Downend Farm, Bushes Road, Stourpaine, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 8SY
For more information
If you have any questions regarding this policy please email Alison via email@example.com or on 07807 024194.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Your Painting Retreat Fee
Your fee covers tuition from artist Alison C. Board, an art materials goody bag, use of a selection of quality equipment applicable to your session, and accommodation and full board at Hurds Hill.
The retreat fee is payable in two instalments. The first instalment will book your place and the second instalment will secure it. You will need to pay the second instalment by Wednesday 13th May, 2020 or risk losing your place.
Complimentary Refreshments and Dietary Requirements
If you have a special dietary requirement please let Alison know at least 30 days before the start of the retreat.
This policy only applies to Alison’s painting retreat at Hurds Hill. Any classes run at another venue will be subject to different policies.
Cancelling your booking
If you cancel more than 30 days prior to the start of the retreat you are entitled to a refund of 50% of the full amount. If you cancel less than 30 days before your class, no refund will be given.
You can transfer your booking to another person up to 14 days before the start of the retreat. It will cost £50 to transfer your place to another name.
Reductions or refunds are not available to students arriving late or leaving the retreat early.
Cancellation by Alison C. Board
Alison may need to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. If the retreat is cancelled Alison will refund the fee in full. If you paid for the course using gift vouchers, these will be reinstated from the date of the cancellation.